(November 2012 – December 2013)
Niepe Construction has successfully completed concrete structures works to the new DP World Port of Brisbane Terminal expansion project under subcontract to York . The works included the construction of 4.4km of reinforced concrete rail support beams which will be utilised for the movement of automated stacking cranes.
The project required a dedicated and motivated construction team working directly with our client York Civil to complete the project efficiently and to the highest quality. Niepe provided skilled personnel under contract to complete the instillation of formwork, reinforcing and the placement of concrete to fine tolerances and under a tight construction program. Niepe Construction also provided a dedicated 32m Boom pump that was purchased for the project to allow for continuous placement of concrete across the project with a dedicated machine.
The focus on the construction program allowed Niepe to experiment with an innovative steel formwork design which enable fast transition on repetitive concrete structures. The formwork required diligent maintenance to ensure the quality of off form finish was met in all instances.
- New Port of Brisbane terminal Construction work
- FRP of 4.4km of reinforced concrete rail support beams
- Construction of concrete structures including; Footings, cable trenches and stormwater drains
- Development of several innovative steel formwork designs
- Inovation enabled fast transitions on repetitive structures
For more information or a quote please contact: